Emmott W. Perry began under the Perry Funeral Service in the early 1940’s and operated out of his home on Glass Lake Road. Most funerals in those early days were done in the deceased’s home. Shortly after his start in business, Emmott contacted the Methodist Conference inquiring as to the purchase of the Glass Lake Methodist Church which had been sitting vacant for some time because of lack of membership.
The conference sold Emmott the church property and he was now doing funerals in the church. The building when bought was much as it was when used as a church. Even today the original tin ceilings, plaster walls , stained glass windows and pews remain. Emmott ran the business until his retirement and remained active in the business well into his 80’s. Emmott died at the age of 92 on October 26, 2006.
In December of 1981, the business was sold to Timothy W. Komdat. At Emmott Perry’s advice the name was changed to Perry-Komdat Funeral Chapel to reflect the change in owners and the fact that we have a chapel, not a home. Over the past 30 years there have been numerous upgrades to the building including central air, a parking lot and most recently a state of the art audio-video system. With this technology we are capable to fill any of the needs families may request. We have had families Skype funeral services overseas. After the death of Emmott Perry, Tim and his family acquired the Perry home located next to the Funeral Chapel which allowed for more accessebility.
For the past seven decades we have earned the trust of many area families and hope to keep that trust for many years to come.